2 day Balloon & Tully Adventure Info
BALLOON + TULLY RAFTING
It's river deep and mountain high with this package, where over two days you'll Raft the Tully River and fly over the Atherton Tablelands at dawn in a Hot Air Balloon with Raging Thunder.
Tully River Full Day Rafting
BBQ lunch beside the river
Departs Cairns Daily 6.30am | Returns 6.00pm
30 Minute Balloon Flight
Departs Cairns Daily 4.15am | Returns 10.30am
Tully River Rafting
The Tully Gorge is 2.5 hours drive south from Cairns.
When you arrive at the river you will be fitted with a helmet and life jacket, allowing you to float along the river should you happen to fall out.
Each raft is controlled by a highly trained river guide, who teaches you the correct techniques during the day.
Lunch is a delicious BBQ on the banks of the river with a chance to take in the spectacular scenery. Follow this with more action in the foaming white water of the lower gorge.
It really is a very memorable, fun day with beautiful scenery running the length of the river.
- Approximately 5 hours of white water rafting
- All tuition, no experience necessary
- Safety equipment including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket
- BBQ lunch beside the river
- $30.00 Department of Natural Resources levy
What to Bring:
- Lace-up shoes or sandals which wont fall off your feet (these can be hired on the day)
- Swimming costume
- Change of clothes (sweater for bus ride home)
- Money for souvenirs and snacks, photos etc.
- *Please do not wear any jewellery - it is recommended that you leave anything of value in your hotel safe for this trip.
30 Minute Balloon Flight over the Atherton Tablelands
You will be picked up from your accommodation for the 90-minute drive to the flight site. You will arrive just in time to see the balloons beings inflated. As the sun rises your pilots gently lift off and quietly glide the balloons over the panorama of the Cairns Highlands.
For a truly memorable experience try a balloon flight at dawn over the Atherton Tablelands. The giant balloons accommodate up to 20 people and glide gently over bushland and farms of the Mareeba Valley.
- Scenic 30 minute Tablelands Balloon Flight
- Balloon Flight Certificate
- $30 Ballooning levy
Also exclusive to Raging Thunder are their in-flight digital photo technology. The opportunity to have your photo taken whilst in-flight, high above the Atherton Tablelands in one of the majestic balloons is a moment to be treasured forever.
A light Breakfast (muffins, danishes, tea & coffee etc) is available for purchase at the Mareeba Heritage Museum at an additional cost.
What to Bring:
- Warm clothes in the winter months, but do not where light coloured clothing as its easily stained by the volcanic soil
- Camera or Video
- Hat and comfortable shoes (no high heels)
- Money for photos and breakfast
- The minimum age for Tully rafting is 13 years
- Rafting and ballooning is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- It is a CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) requirement that all passengers be able to climb in and out of the basket unassisted.
- You can swap your tour dates around eg: Ballooning 1st day then Rafting the next day, just note in the general comments of the booking when booking online (subject to availability).
- You can also spread the tours out ie you have 14 days to use the 2nd portion of your package from the 1st date of travel, just note your preferred travel dates in the comments section when making your booking online (subject to availability).
2 day Balloon & Tully Adventure Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.