Reef Daytripper & Kuranda Info
2 Day Option 7 - Reef Daytripper & Kuranda
DAY 1 - Reef Daytripper is a small sailing catamaran that offers sailing, snorkelling and diving adventures on the Great Barrier Reef.
What makes it Great?
- Small passenger numbers (20 max)
- All snorkelling equipment included
- 4 hours at the reef
- Visit Upolu Reef
- Friendly relaxed atmosphere
Your day includes:
- All snorkelling equipment & Safety tuition
- 4 Hours to visit two reef locations at Upolu Reef
- Reef Education Presentation
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Fruit & cheese platter with wine
- Guided snorkel tour
- PADI scuba demonstration (Introductory Divers)
- EMC (Reef tax)
- Introductory OR Certified Diving
- 'D' Finger, Marlin Marina, Cairns (near Reef Fleet Terminal)
- Board at 07:45am for an 08:00am departure
- Returns between 4:45pm & 5:00pm
- Hotel transfers can be arranged at an extra cost
Upolu Reef is a very beautiful location which lies at the very edge of the Outer Barrier Reef and is teeming with a large variety of interesting marine life and a beautiful array of corals. In the relatively sheltered lagoon you will see a multitude of giant clams, turtles, sea stars and reef fish. This offers a perfect snorkelling or diving experience in warm clear protected waters. A snorkel guide is available at the first site which offers a fun, informative and interactive introduction to the days exploration.
DAY 2: KURANDA IN A DAY is an unguided budget tour option which combines the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway into a relaxing scenic day trip.
A1: Train Up, Skyrail Down
- Departs Daily with Return Hotel Transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) (confirmed at the time of booking)
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs Freshwater Station at 9.50am
- 4 hours free time in Kuranda
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 3.30pm
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks
- Transfer to hotel 4.50pm
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. Choose between 2.5hrs to 5 hrs free time in Kuranda Village.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your 1.5 hour journey into one of the oldest continually surviving rainforests on Earth. Enjoy two stops at the Barron Falls and Red Peak Stations to explore the Rainforest Boardwalks.
OPTIONAL UPGRADES (Additional Cost)
Gold Class Kuranda Scenic Rail provides a premium experience for passengers wanting that extra comfort and a little bit of luxury for a most memorable experience.
Gold Class includes:
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Kuranda Wildlife Experience includes entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. You will have access to all three attractions at a great saving off the normal admission price! Alternatively, you can book entry only to each attraction.Diamond View (glass floor) Gondolas not only provide guests with amazing panoramic views of the rainforest canopy, tropical landscape and Coral Sea, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down at the treetops through to the forest floor. Maximum 5 people and an average waiting time of 7 minutes. GOOD NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Posted By Tracy Ah Sam
Great day in kuranda
I grew up in Cairns but have luve interstate for 20 years. I was impressed by the respect shown to the guests and clarity of suggestions ti have a safe and happy day.
Posted By Christine Crump
Secrets in Kuranda
Fantastic day, best to go up on the train and down on the skyrail because of the amazing views. Only found the best hidden markets late in the day. They are hidden down the side of the hill and fascinating!!!
Posted By B White
Train & Skyrail a must do
From the moment we were picked up in the luxury coach transport (CLEAN, nice comfy seats, seatbelts, friendly driver) we had the most wonderful experience. The driver explained our day and let us know where the next steps were. All the staff on the skyway were approachable and interacted with us. The views are spectacular. And the return trip by rail with bus transfers was without any hassle.
Posted By Debra Lee
Would highly recommend
Most enjoyable trip, crew were excellent and it was amazing to go snorkelling over the Reef.
Would highly recommend this particular boat as the numbers were small and the personal attention was superb
Posted By Althea Riding-williams
Enjoyed the trip
The boat was a relatively small and a bit crowded. Otherwise enjoyed the trip.
Posted By Eric Van Gilder
Great crew food very nice everyone onboard had a great time
Posted By Cherryl Pages-Oliver
Great day out. The crew are great people and the reef outstanding. Would highly recommend above the larger boats.
Posted By Nerina Clare
The Skyrail down was amazing and a lovely scenic experience.
Posted By Merle and Gin
Excellent service from the Skyrail.
Posted By Jayan Panwala
Amazing day. Did the skyrail to Kuranda and return as the train was not operational. Will definately be doing it again.
Posted By Andrea West
We enjoyed our day
We enjoyed our day. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The transfers were on time and well organised. We enjoyed kuranda and will definitley return.
Posted By Neri Harp
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 1 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.