REEF EXPERIENCE - GREAT BARRIER REEF DAY TOUR
HOT AIR BALLOONING
SCENIC KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
FULL DAY TULLY RAFTING
CAPE TRIB & DAINTREE SAFARI
Ultimate 4 Day Tour package - Outer Reef - Hot Air Balloon - Kuranda Skyrail & Train - Tully River Rafting - Cape Trib & Daintree - Action packed comprehensive experience of the region.
See our region from all angles and immerse yourself in Nature's Beauty. Experience the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Crocodile Cruise, Mossman Gorge, Rainforest Walks, Kuranda Train, Skyrail, Hot Air Ballooning & White Water Rafting on the Tully River. All in just 4 days!
For those wanting to include a few relaxing days in between we are able to break up the days and have rest days in between to fit your itinerary.
- Return hotel transfers daily
- Reef Experience Outer Barrier Reef trip
- Intro Dive or Cert Dive or Guided Snorkel
- 30 Minute Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Skyrail Cableway
- Free time to explore Kuranda
- Fully day Tully River Rafting
- Cape Trib & Daintree Safari
- Rafting levy of $30
- Balloon levy of $30
DAY 1 - Reef Experience
Reef Experience has been developed into what is the best trip going to the Great Barrier Reef and certainly the best value with many inclusions! Reef Experience offers everything and much more than any other cruise to the Great Barrier Reef.
Departs Cairns Daily at 7:30am
Returning at 4:30pm approx.
Your day trip aboard Reef Experience includes:
- Return hotel transfers
- 6 hours at the reef
- Two spectacular Outer Reef locations
- Guided snorkel, Intro. or Certified dive
- Glass bottom boat tour & commentary
- Freshly prepared breakfast bun
- Smorgasbord hot & cold lunch
- Morning tea & coffee
- Bacon & egg roll
- Wine & cheese/fruit platter on return
- All equipment & wetsuit hire
- Limited numbers - personalised service
- Bus transfers from Cairns accommodation
- All reef levies & charges
Reef Experience luxury day trip commences with boarding at 7:30am at the Marlin Jetty in Cairns. Enjoy a freshly prepared tropical breakfast, then cruise to the Outer Reef where you will spend 6 full hours snorkelling, scuba diving, swimming and visiting 2 spectacular reef locations. Come face to face with schools of tropical reef fish and amazing spectacular coral formations.
DAY 2:Hot Air Ballooning & Kuranda Skyrail & Train
Included in the package is a 30 minute scenic balloon flight, Skyrail and Kuranda Train with plenty of time to explore Kuranda markets and other attractions.
Departs Cairns approx 4:15am
Returning at 4pm approx.
- Return hotel transfers
- Spectacular 30 min Hot Air balloon
- Expert interpretive commentary
- Cross Country Balloon Chase
- Free Commemorative flight Certificate
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Time to explore Kuranda Village & Markets
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
5:00am - Pick-up at your accommodation by a Hot Air coach. There's a one hour transfer via the Kuranda Range to Mareeba in the Cairns Highlands. Pickup times are confirmed on booking.
6.30am - Experience the fun & unique sensation of a hot air balloon ride over the Atherton Tablelands. Enjoy the picturesque landscape at sunrise. Breathe in the wide-open spaces!
7:50am - Return and Landing, Hot Air Balloon pack-up games and lots of laughs.
9:00am - Your Hot Air Balloon tour driver will drop you off to Skyrail Caravonica Station and your travel with them is booked for this time.
It will take 1.5 hours to travel to Kuranda, allowing for the 2 stops at Red Peak and Barron Falls Station.
11:30am - Arrive in Kuranda, the village in the rainforest for free time to go shopping and sightseeing. Check out the Kuranda Markets.
1:40pm - Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway at Kuranda Station. Train departs at 2pm. (3:30pm Train available by request) The Train will stop at Barron Falls for some time to enjoy the view. In total will take about 2 hours.
3:30pm - Arrive at historic Freshwater Station for your shuttle bus return to your accommodation.
DAY 3:Tully River White Water Rafting Voted the best White Water Rafting experience in Australia. With over 27 rapids on the river, this is the longest Tully River rafting trip available. Your "Rescue 3" trained guide will give you all the tuition needed for this exciting days rafting, and only the world's best rafts are used!
The Tully River is located about 2 hours south of Cairns, and is rated Grade 3 and 4, which means there are exciting rapids and a good chance you will be in the water at some stage during the day!
Departs Cairns from 6:15am
Returning at 5:30pm approx.
Return hotel transfers included
Inclusions & Highlights:
- 5 hours of white water rafting
- Highly experienced guides
- BBQ Lunch beside the river
- Guaranteed water levels
- Life jacket, helmet and spray jacket
- Rafts with safety "hold on" lines
DAY 4: Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge - Tropical Horizons
Discover the unique wilderness area of the World Heritage listed rainforests of both Cape Tribulation & iconic Mossman Gorge with Tropical Horizons, a Eco-Certified nature tourism operator.
- Includes return hotel transfers from:
- Departs Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7am, returns approx 6:30pm.
- GPS Activated Audio Commentary
- Short tour of Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Lunch in a rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation Beach guided foreshore walk
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Vehicular cable ferry crossings over the Daintree River
- Mossman Gorge Centre and guided walking tour
• 1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise - catch a river boat and be guided down the Daintree River where there’s a good chance of catching a glimpse of a lazy crocodile or two, tree snakes, pythons and water birds.
• Cape Tribulation Beach and a guided foreshore walk and Kulki lookout and observe where two of the world's natural wonders converge - the rainforest gives way to white sand and fringing coral reef!
• Alexandra Range Lookout to enjoy this spectacular lookout over the Daintree River estuary, Snapper Island and beyond to the Coral Sea.
• Vehicular cable ferry crossing over the Daintree River.
• Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre is a special place of significance to the local Ku Ku Yalanji people. The group is transferred by eco-friendly open electric vehicles, which quietly wind their way into the tranquil gorge surrounds. Enjoy an interpretive guided walk of the gorge and experience this ancient rainforest firsthand.
• Return you to your accommodation with wonderful memories of this unique and precious wilderness area.
The tour is operated using the latest GPS activated technology providing over 3hrs of commentary in the following languages- German, Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese and Chinese, delivered with sound effects and music, creating a truly memorable experience. Systems will be provided on day of travel. Feel free to bring your own earphones (3.5mm) or purchase for $3.00.
An amazing day on Reef Experience. Boat was so well organised and had every moment possible at the Reef. Saw amazing things even though it was very choppy seas. Well worth booking the all inclusive. Didn't have to worry about a thing or pay an extras.
Posted By Melanie Bamford White
Reef Experience had Friendly staff, nice lunch and great diving and snorkelling locations
Posted By Michelle Dallimore
I had an amazing time. The food was spectacular and the crew were friendly and funny. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Posted By Keith Golding
Great time on reef
Great time on reef. Well worth the money
Posted By Kerry Wisnewski
Xavier was absolutely fantastic!!
Our Tropical Horizons tour guide/bus driver for the day, Xavier, was absolutely fantastic!! He really did contribute to making our day even more special :-) Thank you!
Posted By Jo Bunn
An excellent day
An excellent day with great commentaries and a lovely lunch.
Posted By Helen Parker
The Cape Tribulation is beautiful and the daintree is just stunning especially when you get to see Crocodiles in their natural habitat. The guide we had Daniel was funny and gave great information about the history around the Daintree, Cape Trib and Port Douglas.
Posted By Julia Selby
Recommend this tour
Did this trip for the second time & thoroughly enjoyed it again - different bus driver so different stories...loved the sights & information handed out not in a great big bus with 50 or more people just a group would recommend this tour also
Posted By Lyn I
Posted By Deborah Rios tijerina
Another awesome experience delivered by a professional crew. Their expertise and patience made for a great day. My partner was a little nervous beforehand, but the expert tuition and care by \"fish\" our guide, really made it an extremely enjoyable experience.
Posted By Glenn Crimmins
Leon was an awesome River Guide. I went twice! The first time with my my children (aged 18-24). The second time a group of four who were aged 50+. We all had a fantastic time.
Posted By Andrew & Marianne Corbett
Best trip ever!
Best trip ever! We have crafted five different rivers and this was the best by far.
Posted By Debra Schoville
Really happy with the whole experience
Travelling solo and for a first timer, I was really, really happy with the whole experience. I am glad I booked with Travstar. I loved all the activities I got to do on the 11th of June 2016. One that I will never forgot. I am back in PNG now but already planning on my next adventure with Travstar. Thanks to Kelsi for the online booking and Natalie for your face to face customer service when I visited your office on Friday to make the payment. Thanks Travstar!! You guys Rock.
Posted By Mary M Anda
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 2 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.