Evolution Reef, Tully Raft & Cape Trib
3 FULL DAYS OF ACTION
LUNCH INCLUDED EACH DAY
5 HOURS ON THE REEF
TULLY RIVER RAFTING
Evolution Reef, Tully Raft & Cape Trib Info
This 3 Day Tully Raft, Outer Reef & Daintree Rainforest package offers 3 full days of action & adventure! Enjoy a full day out to the reef, followed by a day of thrills & spills white water rafting and then finish your Far North experience with a full day Cape Tribulation expedition
The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days, please advise if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily.
DAY 1: EVOLUTION- OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Live onboard entertainment on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi Submersible tour $10 if prebooked or $20 on the day of travel
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Guided Dives $10 per dive
- Wetsuits for Snorkellers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- Onboard purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli flights
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Divers 65 yrs and over must provide a current AS4005-1 dive medical prior to travel.
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
DAY 2: TULLY RIVER WHITE WATER RAFTING
Raging Thunder offers an excellent full day of white water rafting on the Tully River.
The Tully Gorge is 2.5 hours from Cairns and 1 hour from Mission Beach
Cairns Accommodation Daily at 6:30am (returns approx 5:30pm)
Mission Beach Accommodation Daily at 7:30am (returns 4:00pm)
Inclusions & Highlights:
- Return hotel transfers
- Approximately 5 hours of white water rafting
- Guaranteed water levels all year round
- All tuition, no experience necessary
- Safety equipment including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket
- BBQ lunch beside the river
- $30.00 Department of Natural Resources levy
When you arrive at the river you will be fitted with a helmet and life jacket, allowing you to float along the river should you happen to fall out. All of the rafts stay together, traversing the rapids in a carefully planned sequence with guides providing cover from the river banks.
Lunch is a delicious BBQ on the banks of the river with a chance to take in the spectacular scenery. Follow this with more action in the foaming white water of the lower gorge.
The entertainment does not stop there - you return to the exclusive Raging Thunder Cafe where screams of laughter abound as you watch the day's action on video before you and your memories return home. It really is a very memorable, fun day with beautiful scenery running the length of the river. Photos are available at the cafe after the thrilling day.
The minimum age for Tully rafting is 13 years.
Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
DAY 3: DAINTREE & CAPE TRIBULATION
Enjoy an unforgettable day of discovery with Adventure Company exploring the World Heritage Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation where the Rainforest meets the Reef.
What makes it Great?
- Explore World Heritage Rainforest
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mossman Gorge
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise
Includes return hotel transfers
From Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7:00am returning at 6:30pm (approx)
Inclusions & Highlights:
Coastal Drive – Travel to Port Douglas on one of the most renowned scenic coastal roads in Australia. Have your camera ready for breath taking views.
Wildlife Habitat – 1 hour to visit the award winning Rainforest Wildlife Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and beautiful native animals. You have a chance to have morning tea with the birds (optional extra), hand feed a Kangaroo and see a Koala doing what they do best…..sleeping! If you visit Rainforest Habitat you will not have 1 hour free time in Port Douglas.
Mossman Gorge - Enjoy a guided walk through this magnificent rainforest area taking in the boardwalk and waterholes.
Alexandra Lookout – The perfect location to view where the Daintree Rainforest, Daintree River and the Coral Sea merge into one spectacular panoramic reflection. Ideal spot for those post card photo opportunities.
Lunch Time – Only meters from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a Chef prepared lunch. Indulge in a set menu choice of local barramundi (fish), Steak and a Vegetarian option all served with a fresh garden salad & chips, daily baked bread finished off with a tropical fruit platter to share at your table. Bring your towel & swimmers for a dip in the resort pool or in the ocean (marine stingers are present during the stinger season Oct to June).
Cape Tribulation Beach – Already there for the lunch break you now have free time for a walk along the full length of the magical Cape Tribulation Bay (takes 30min unguided) or simply kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”!
Daintree River Wildlife Cruise – Your journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a 1 hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in their native habitat and retrieve knowledge and tales of the area from a local naturalist guide.
Rex Lookout – On the return trip back to Cairns, stop briefly at Rex’s Lookout. A popular spot for tourist’s to take scenic photos of the coast line and out to Green Island. It’s also a popular spot for dare devil hang gliders to enjoy the uplifting sea breeze.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Value for money
It is a total value for money and loved every experience of the every trip.
The staff and every tour guides were very courteous and helpful.
Posted By Rukshana Tadwalla
Friendly staff, good service
Friendly staff, good service
Posted By Loc Ho
Shane, was excellent
The Daintree tour guide, Shane, was excellent.
Posted By Tee Chai Beh
See all the best bits of Cairns and the surrounding area has
This is a good package if you have limited time in Cairns, allowing you to see all the best bits of Cairns and the surrounding area has to offer. It delivered on all it promised. We were well looked after by knowledgeable and entertaining guides. This trip was enjoyed by 2 adults and 1 eight year old alike.
Posted By Louise Gale
Posted By Deborah Rios tijerina
Another awesome experience delivered by a professional crew. Their expertise and patience made for a great day. My partner was a little nervous beforehand, but the expert tuition and care by \"fish\" our guide, really made it an extremely enjoyable experience.
Posted By Glenn Crimmins
Leon was an awesome River Guide. I went twice! The first time with my my children (aged 18-24). The second time a group of four who were aged 50+. We all had a fantastic time.
Posted By Andrew & Marianne Corbett
Best trip ever!
Best trip ever! We have crafted five different rivers and this was the best by far.
Posted By Debra Schoville
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.